- Choose carefully. Use a mover licensed by the Illinois Commerce Commission. Ask the mover to provide their license number. Ours is ILCC117395MC.
- Get a signed estimate. Keep it.
- Be ready when the mover arrives.
- Take an inventory with the mover.
- Understand and agree with the bill of lading before you sign it.
- Require the mover to explain its limits of liability and your options for loss and damage.
- Be at the destination at the time agreed upon for delivery.
- Check the condition of your property before you sign a receipt.
- Keep copies of all documentation pertaining to your move.
- And be flexible!
If you have any questions at all about your move, please feel free to give us a call at 312.787.6683 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have been at this for a while now and can help ease your mind.